Come to your next game session in style with this Dungeons and Dragons dice bag! This bag hold around 8 sets of regular sized dice.
The dragon graphic is done with the tapestry crochet technique. This technique carries all yarn colors used in the project behind the main color as you crochet. If you’re new to tapestry crochet, there are a ton of helpful videos available on YouTube!
- 4mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- Worsted weight yarn in preferred colors (I am using Red Heart Super Savor Yarn for both colors)
- MR – magic ring
- SC – single crochet
- BL – back loop single crochet
- DC – double crochet
- SL ST – slip stitch
- CH – chain
- INC – single crochet increase
- DEC – single crochet decrease
- FO – finish off
This pattern is worked in continuous rounds.
- Row 1: MR, SC 6 (6)
- Row 2: INC in each stitch around (12)
- Row 3: *1 SC, INC* x6 (18)
- Row 4: *2 SC, INC* x6 (24)
- Row 5: *3 SC, INC* x6 (30)
- Row 6: SC in BL only around (30)
- Row 7: SC around (36)
- Row 8-26: SC around while color changing according to the below chart. (36)
- Row 27: SC around (36)
- Row 28: SL ST in first stitch over and CH 2. Make 1 DC in same stitch as the CH 2. Make 1 DC in next stitch, CH 1, skip the next stitch, *2 DC, CH 1, skip the next stitch*; repeat from * and continue around. SL ST in the top of the CH 2 at the start of the round.
- Row 29: CH 1, SC in same space as CH 1, SC in each stitch around, making sure to put 1 SC in each CH 1 space. SL ST to starting CH 1. (36)
- FO and weave in ends.
- Row 1: CH 60. FO and tie a small knot at the start and end of the drawstring. Weave in any ends.
- Weave completed Drawstring through the gaps between DC spaces on bag so the ends are on left or right of the bag when it’s laid flat.
Draw String Cord Stop
- Row 1: SC 8 and turn; starting in second chain from the hook, SC 7 across. CH 1, turn.
- Row 2: SC 7 across, CH 1 and turn (7)
- FO with a 12 inch tail
- Folding the piece your just created in half, sew the 2 ends together. Slide the knotted ends of the drawstring through the opening and then press the folded flat piece.
- Sew the flat piece completely closes around the drawstring, leave a small pocket open for the drawstring to slide through to cinch and uncinch the bag.
**This pattern is FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. The pattern (or parts of it) may not be reproduced, distributed or resold, translated, published, altered, shared or posted (for sale or free) over the internet or offline. You can sell items made from this pattern, provided they are handmade by yourself in a limited number and you give credit to the designer. Please Credit Alysia Sly at Co-op Creations SD as the designer. If you share online, please tag me; I would love to see your finished creations!**